Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Capturing Personal Network Relationships

Working from a variety of desktop and laptop machines, file, contact, bookmark etc. management can be a real problem if you aren't very discplined as to where you put stuff! Portable data storage is okay for some things, network/web storage for others. So what I'm trying to do is train myself to use web-based facilities, and then glue them together with whatever protocols and XSLT's I can.

Okay, okay, so how off the ball am I? Having only just discovered the del.icio.us social bookmarks manager, I'm keen to explore what is has to offer in terms of bookmark sharing and management. Support for clickable descriptor tags ("one-word descriptors that you can assign to any bookmark"), user-defined views over bookmarks, and the all important REST api suggests the need for some serious play over the next few days...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home